Saturday, April 16, 2011

White privilege....Debunking the myth.

The myth of "White Privilege" is fragile to say the least!
One of the greatest aspects which expose "White Privilege" for the myth it really is, is how many people "clutch at straws" regarding the subject in order to keep this illusion intact.
Let us take a look at the following, an article by a feminist "anti-racist" named Peggy McIntosh called "White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack"
In it, she poses 50 supposed points which are meant prove the existence of White Privilege, yet she hopelessly fails to do so.
The reader will plainly see, that many of these so-called "points" are not even race related, many are far more true in reverse, and many more are just outright lies!

So, let us deconstruct these 50 points, one by one...

1.I can if I wish arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
Well, this isn't exactly true, since everybody can choose to be around their own race if the please.
Additionally, this may in fact apply to many other races more than it does Whites, blacks have their own student unions etc. denbunking the point!


2. I can avoid spending time with people whom I was trained to mistrust and who have learned to mistrust my kind or me.

So can people of other races. It's called freedom of association. But they can do it openly and formally while she cannot.
It is really the same as previous "point" she mentioned , just worded differently.

3. If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of renting or purchasing housing in an area which I can afford and in which I would want to live.

So can other races. No one's money is discriminated against. This would actually be a privilege for the rich, since poor Whites cannot always choose to stay in the areas they would want to live, Peggy however, being the upper middle-class shetered individual that she is, has failed to realize this fact.


4. I can be pretty sure that my neighbors in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me.

This applies not only to Whites however. In fact, in some countries, Whites will be targeted for crime. If one had to be honest, it would actually seem non-whites are privelged in this regard!
A poor White forced to stay in a non-White neighborhood in a White country, might also not have the wide range of choices that sheltered Peggy has, and would be treated far worse in a non-White neighborhood, than a non-White would be treated in a White neighborhood.

Notice too that this point is virtually the same as point #3, just worded differently.

5. I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.

That may be so where this person lives, but again, this is completely false.
There are many places, particularly with an abundance of non-whites, where Whites will overtly be targeted for harrassment. To use examples, the Middle East and Africa can be very dangerous for a White woman as opposed to a woman of another race, and in non-White area's in White countries, the situation would be the same.


6. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.

That is also true of other races, in fact, the politcally correct media actually represent non-whites disproportionatly more, in order not to offend in White countries, whereas in non-white countries, the media wouldn't go to great lengths to appease Whites, not that Whites crave appeasement!

7. When I am told about our national heritage or about "civilization," I am shown that people of my color made it what it is.

Is being told the truth a privilege, instead of a right?
No-one has denied the achievements of other races. The Mongoloids have also made great advancements in civilization, and all this is well documented, since it is historical fact, as are the achievements of the Caucasoids.
The only race that has been relatively unproductive through the centuries is the Negroid race. The only reason that very few advancements are attributed to them, is because they have made very few.

In fact, there have been attempts to try and falsify the history of civilization, in order to give credit to the Negroid race, for advancements made by other races.
Examples of this, can be seen in the rise of Afrocentrism, a pseudo-history created in the 1960's.
In the United States for example, the Tubman Museum is now teaching children falsehoods about great inventions of the Negroids, which in fact can quite easily be disproved.
The lies are justified, according to liberals, in that they boost the self-esteem of the Negroid race. However, they are lies none the less.
If anything, the Negoid race is being given credit for advancements that are not their own. The Caucasoid race on the other hand, has never been attributed an advancement that it was not responsible for.
So as far as White privilege goes, the exact opposite is true.

8. I can be sure that my children will be given curricular materials that testify to the existence of their race.

Once again, this is the same point as above, I am starting to think that this was really having trouble obtaining, or should I say inventing 50 points in order to "prove" White privilge.
Despite this disengeneous tactic of stating the same thing more than once, and portraying it as a point on its own, one has to ask the following:
What does reading, writing, arithmetic or science have to do with race? They are skills being taught. As for history and literature, Whites did contribute and the liberals bend over backwards to inflate the contributions of other races while diminishing that of the White race.

9. If I want to, I can be pretty sure of finding a publisher for this piece on white privilege.

The word "White privilege" is a word usually used by liberals and Negroids to promote White Guilt. This person knows that because the content is of a liberal's view, she can easily have it published, since liberalism is far more politically correct than is its opposite!
Thus this privilege would be a privilege for being liberal, or black, rather than White.
Point debunked!


10. I can be pretty sure of having my voice heard in a group in which I am the only member of my race.

Again, this is not something that pertains specifically to Whites.

11. I can be casual about whether or not to listen to another person's voice in a group in which s/he is the only member of his/her race.

So can people of other races. No one has to listen to anyone else, if they don't want to.
Again she is using the reverse of her previous point to say the same thing!
So these two points are actually just one, which has been debunked!


12. I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented, into a supermarket and find the staple foods which fit with my cultural traditions, into a hairdresser's shop and find someone who can cut my hair.


So can other races. Vendors are there to make a profit and no one's money is discriminated against


13. Whether I use checks, credit cards or cash, I can count on my skin color not to work against the appearance of financial reliability.

Well, it sounds like some races may just be financially less reliable than others!
"Privilege" doesn't really enter into it.

14. I can arrange to protect my children most of the time from people who might not like them.

That would be a privilege of the rich, not the White.
This sheltered woman assumes that because she a soft job that overpays her, all Whites and no non-whites enjoy this privilege that she has.
Many White children have been murdered in the US and the UK, and their numbers have been increasing exponentially since the elite opened the gates to the 3rd world.
Whilst sheltered Peggy tells you she has the privilege of protecting her children, she promotes white guilt and non-White animosity against your's!

15. I do not have to educate my children to be aware of systemic racism for their own daily physical protection.

Anytime they enter a school they face systemic racism from Liberal White "Anti-Racist" Teachers.
Added to that, her children have a much higher chance of being raped by a non-white based on their race.
Rape in the United States: 37,460 rapes of White Women by black men in 2005
Black women raped by White men, ZERO!

This has become the trend in most of Europe and the United States in the past few years.

16. I can be pretty sure that my children's teachers and employers will tolerate them if they fit school and workplace norms; my chief worries about them do not concern others' attitudes toward their race.

Teachers tend to like quiet, obedient students in the classroom.


17. I can talk with my mouth full and not have people put this down to my color.

Again, this is incorrect. Terms like "White trash" exist for this kind of behaviour.


18. I can swear, or dress in second hand clothes, or not answer letters, without having people attribute these choices to the bad morals, the poverty or the illiteracy of my race.

Again, not true . Upper middle class liberals like Peggy, hold nothing but scorn for other Whites whom they consider to be "beneath" them.

19. I can speak in public to a powerful male group without putting my race on trial.

Not really a racial issue since people of other races can do the same.


20. I can do well in a challenging situation without being called a credit to my race.

So, can any other racial group.
Though I don't think this woman is much of a credit to her race!

21. I am never asked to speak for all the people of my racial group.

As a white person, her opinions of her racial group aren't considered valid, unless they are negative.

22. I can remain oblivious of the language and customs of persons of color who constitute the world's majority without feeling in my culture any penalty for such oblivion.

As long as she remains in her country, what is her problem with that?
Does she think the Japanese get penalized for being Japanese in Japan?
Also when people speaking other languages gossip about her in their language she doesn't know about it! In fact, they gain the privilege of not having to be behind closed doors to gossip her!

23. I can criticize our government and talk about how much I fear its policies and behavior without being seen as a cultural outsider.

This woman clearly hasn't thought about this. If she were to criticize the immigration policies in Europe or the United States, she would be labelled a "racist" for example, or a "bigot" or "ignorant".
Being White would actually count against her.

24. I can be pretty sure that if I ask to talk to the "person in charge", I will be facing a person of my race.

Due to affirmative action in most countries, that is no longer true. Chances are more likely she will be talking to a non-white here.

25. If a traffic cop pulls me over or if the IRS audits my tax return, I can be sure I haven't been singled out because of my race.

Nor are any other people of any other races according to studies, yet they do have the privilege of crying racism when they are caught for their wrong doing!
They have the media singling out the White race everytime a person of another race makes trouble!


26. I can easily buy posters, post-cards, picture books, greeting cards, dolls, toys and children's magazines featuring people of my race.

Yet again, so can most people of other races, depending on the demographics of the coutry she is in.
It almost seems like this woman is implying that one shouldn't be able to see the White race represented anywhere, otherwise it is an undue privilege.

27. I can go home from most meetings of organizations I belong to feeling somewhat tied in, rather than isolated, out-of-place, outnumbered, unheard, held at a distance or feared.
So can other races.
It all depends if she is with like-minded people or not.
Also, White People usually belong to Lions, Elks, Rotary, Business groups, VFW, Shriners, Masons, or other philanthropic clubs and should feel tied in when leaving.
In her case, she is a liberal, so everyone else she meets with will be of a similar mindset, where they can sit around on soft sofas drinking tea and discussing imaginary solutions to all the worlds ills through "love, peace and universal equality".

To use just two examples, she wouldn't feel like "she belongs" quite as much at a meeting with Dr. Kamau Kambon or at one of Khallid Muhammad's meetings, , yet those non-whites certainly do look they feel at home, don't they?
Incidently, those people don't care if she is a liberal or not, they hate her all the same because she is White.

Suffice to say, the above point by Mrs. McIntosh is invalid.


28. I can be pretty sure that an argument with a colleague of another race is more likely to jeopardize her/his chances for advancement than to jeopardize mine.

A delusional statement at best, "people of colour" will always get preference, to "level the playing field" and "make up for past injustices", as the liberals themselves put it.

29. I can be pretty sure that if I argue for the promotion of a person of another race, or a program centering on race, this is not likely to cost me heavily within my present setting, even if my colleagues disagree with me.

She's right, it probably wouldn't, but if she tried advancing a member of her own race, what would happen?
Point 29 is actually a direct contradiction of White Privilege and is symptomatic of being sheltered in a small, insular, and wealthy environment, one that doesn't apply to your average White person.

30. If I declare there is a racial issue at hand, or there isn't a racial issue at hand, my race will lend me more credibility for either position than a person of color will have.

The opposite of this it true. She would be declared a "racist" based on the fact that she is White. On the other hand, any person of colour who throws a fit about racism is quickly appeased.
The term "race card" didn't originate because Whites were playing it, think about it.


31. I can choose to ignore developments in minority writing and minority activist programs, or disparage them, or learn from them, but in any case, I can find ways to be more or less protected from negative consequences of any of these choices.

Choice is a right, not a privilege. That same choice is available to other races regarding white activism.
Be that as it may, I doubt that she has much experience regarding this, since being a liberal she has always made the safe, politically correct choices, therefore no consequences!


32. My culture gives me little fear about ignoring the perspectives and powers of people of other races.

Actually, her liberal culture would prefer that she be kept in the dark while her rights evaporate.
Though I still don't see what this has to do with White Privilege anyway.


33. I am not made acutely aware that my shape, bearing or body odor will be taken as a reflection on my race.

Well no, it has nothing to do with race, that is why!
People will however make her aware of these things to be taken as a reflection on her discipline and hygiene, the way it should be.
At this point, it becomes questionable as to this womans intelligence or honesty!

34. I can worry about racism without being seen as self-interested or self-seeking.

This is self-evidently incorrect!
If she were to worry about anti-white racism, she'd be labeled a "racist" in no time!

Actually, liberals worrying about "racism" regarding other races, often do give the appearance of being self-interested and self-seeking in that they do it to obtain attention, status and that "holier-than-thou" image.
It should also be noticed that this woman is quite clearly not only a liberal, but a limousine_liberal too boot.
Limousine liberals are well known for their hypocrisy, namely being the most rich & overpaid people "championing the causes for the poor", instigating people poorer than themselves to be charitable outside their home while they just do the "big talking", and also have a reputation for pretending to stand up for "people of colour" while they live in the whitest parts of town and have the most sophisticated, expensive home security in their ultra low crime White area!

35. I can take a job with an affirmative action employer without having my co-workers on the job suspect that I got it because of my race.

That is because there is no affirmative action for Whites!
This is a clear contradiction of White Privilege, anyone can see that, it merits no further discussion.

36. If my day, week or year is going badly, I need not ask of each negative episode or situation whether it had racial overtones.

Strictly speaking, very few people of any race have bad days where each negative episode has racial overtones.
Likewise, if any episode does, it would apply to any and all races, including Whites.

37. I can be pretty sure of finding people who would be willing to talk with me and advise me about my next steps, professionally.

So can other races. This is a red herring which has nothing to do with race.
(It gets boring from here on, because Mrs. McIntosh is starting run out of imaginary things to pin onto Whites)

38. I can think over many options, social, political, imaginative or professional, without asking whether a person of my race would be accepted or allowed to do what I want to do.

So can other races. Another red herring as above, meriting no further discussion.


39. I can be late to a meeting without having the lateness reflect on my race.

So can other races. Another non-racial "point" as in "point" #37 & #38


40. I can choose public accommodation without fearing that people of my race cannot get in or will be mistreated in the places I have chosen.

So can other races. Its the 21st century!
No establishment dare refuse or mistreat non-Whites, or else they'd face severe penalties, meaning they very often have to act against their better judgement, to their loss.

41. I can be sure that if I need legal or medical help, my race will not work against me.

So can other races.


42. I can arrange my activities so that I will never have to experience feelings of rejection owing to my race.

So can other races.
Likewise, if people don't arrange their activities that way, people of all races can experience feelings of rejection owing to race. This applies just as much to Whites as it does to any other race. No White Privilege there either.



43. If I have low credibility as a leader I can be sure that my race is not the problem.

Here this hypocritical liberal is actually implying inferiority in other races!
No surprize! Liberals are notorious for being liberals.

44. I can easily find academic courses and institutions which give attention only to people of my race.

It would be interesting to know where specifically these institutions are, or if they exist.
That being said, black scholorships are more common and deemed more acceptable in a politically correct society than White ones. White ones would be deemed "racist"!

45. I can expect figurative language and imagery in all of the arts to testify to experiences of my race.

That is because the White race created language and imagery. No one is barring other races from being writers, artists or sculptors.

46. I can chose blemish cover or bandages in "flesh" color and have them more or less match my skin.

A cheap shot on the part of Mrs McIntosh!
The beige ones match everyone except blacks. However, the CLEAR ones would be a pretty attractive alternative in that case! Consumer idiocy is not racism


47. I can travel alone or with my spouse without expecting embarrassment or hostility in those who deal with us.

No more than other races can.
A common theme in her article, things which clearly have nothing to do with race, being turned into a race issue.

48. I have no difficulty finding neighborhoods where people approve of our household.

That would depend on your household and your neighbours, wouldn't it?
Race doesn't enter into it!

49. My children are given texts and classes which implicitly support our kind of family unit and do not turn them against my choice of domestic partnership.

Well, I'd have to know what kind of family unit she is speaking of!
But, by the sounds of her, and the fact that her children are given texts that implicitly support the type of family unit and relationship she would likely have, it wouldn't sound like a healthy enviroment to me, hence not a privilege!

50. I will feel welcomed and "normal" in the usual walks of public life, institutional and social.

Well that is because most other people are brainwashed liberals too!




As for the rest of the paper, one White person correclty pointed out the following things about this article:

Half of her points are, strictly speaking, not even race related. They're the perspective of a sheltered old woman who is overpaid. Her points wouldn't change a bit if she was black as night.

Point 1, 2, 3, 4, could be said from the perspective of a non-white female with no change of wording.

Points 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 ,11 ,12 could be said if "white" was replaced with "black"

14 (that's called being a good parent),
Points 19, 26, 27, 28, 30, 31, 33, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 45, 49 (assume appropriate color reversal)


Points 7, 13, 20, 25, 34, 43, 44:
This is begging for a concession of some kind but respect isn't won in a raffle.
Demanding respect that isn't earned.


Point 15 and 47. X on White crime is systemic. The amount of attacks, stabbings, muggings, etc. Again, symptomatic of a woman who has been nestled snugly in white suburbia and paid too much to live in the insular world of word play.

Points 16, 32, 48, 50: One's personal concerns and self-perception are not an objective measure about racial interaction.

Points 17 and 18. False! Ergo the phrase "White Trash" and its like.

Point 21 isn't a privelege. It's an indictment of the LACK of privelege whites experience. This one is probably one of the more audacious entries by virtue of it explicitly contradicting her argument.

Point 23 and 24. No, you can't. Simple as that.

Point 29 and 35 are symptomatic of being sheltered in a small, insular, and wealthy environment.
Point 46 The beige ones match everyone except blacks. However, the CLEAR ones would be a pretty attractive alternative in that case! Consumer idiocy is not racism.



Sources:
Wikipedia
amptoons.com
liveleak.com
Colorofcrime.com
Stormfront.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers